Another day, another overreaching bill being passed in Ontario, Canada.
This time it’s a “consumer protection bill” proposed by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services:
… Read more
TORONTO — Ontario is set to introduce ticket sale legislation today that would ban so-called scalper bots and impose new rules on reselling ticke
Canadian policy is currently being dictated by emotion (or more accurately, postmodernism) and the lack of objective analysis in some of the new bills and laws being passed will have dire consequences in the future.
In Ontario, the decision by the Wynne Liberal government to raise minimum wage to $14 by 2018 (about a 30% increase) and $15 by 2019 was made desp… Read more
Lately there has a been a surge in services providing two-factor authentication (2FA). Google, Apple, many financial institutions and e-mail vendors have started to offer two-factor authentication to its users.
Multi-factor authentication assumes that a password is not enough to log in to an account. A device that needs to be physically held by the … Read more
Watch this clip of David Blaine showing you the recency effect:
With all the tragic events that have unfolded in the past day, it’s important to not fall victim to the recency effect.
- IS claims fatal stabbings of 2 women at French train station
- ‘Lone wolf’ suspected in Canada terror attack, police chase
- At least 50 killed as gunman opens fire at Las V
Let’s analyze Quora’s most upvoted answer on the question: “To what extent is SEO a bullshit industry?”
… Read more
NON-Bullshit practice of “SEO” is about;
- adding value to the web
- creating unique and engaging content
- improving traffic and conversions (not just rankings)
- understanding web-site technology (html/css, pro
Prior to the rise of social media, the popular way to get your product noticed online was through SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Despite all the self-proclaimed experts saying SEO is not “gaming the system”, optimizing is by definition reverse engineering and exploiting through pattern recognition. It is a cycle of subtle changes, meas… Read more
There’s nowhere you can escape from politics (this blog article included).
Your workplace is infected, starting with human resource departments and mandatory sensitivity training. Coffee break talk probably revolves around politics.
Silicon Valley is infected. All your tech toys and social media now have political leanings. New features rev… Read more
- Social media encourages hyperbole to attract superficial “likes”. Everyone on Facebook is eternally in high school and every day is a popularity contest.
- Facebook statuses and Twitter messages allow only a couple of sentences to get a message across. Forget meaningful content, well-thought out proofs or expositions. Instead, use witty p
Legacy media in collusion with Canadian government (federal, provincial and municipal) is tripling down on its efforts in Canada to control “mainstream” opinion. In an article released by the Canadian Press, the brainwashing must begin from youth lest children discover that there are multiple sides of a story, usually found on the Inter… Read more